Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Calhoon Falls State Park Campground

We landed in Calhoun Falls State Park Campground on Tuesday May 31st. Susan had pre-register a few months back, as we were going in to see old friends.



Calhoun Falls is a newer CG, with large pads, pull through and most sites are leveled, however some like ours did require us to use our leveling blocks under the front tires and our jacks. Not hard but we rather be safe and stable then the tires to high.

Calhoun Falls State Park Link  






Electric is 30 amps with a 15 amp outlet, along with water at each site. Our plan was to dump on the way end, however you can only see the sign on the way out. It was ok, as grey was MT and some in the black. So, we just settled in arrange and got happy.



The area is heavily  wooded, and our Satellite did not locate, so I brought out the tri-pod as we were going to be here for 6 days. I was told our OTA should work and bring in about 10 stations, but our OTA did not work out.

But setting up the Tri-Pod was easy and quick and in no time I locked in on the satellites, however, even in the most clearest section of the sky, I still hit a tree for Satellite 129.




We did have a problem with the shore power, but a stop in at the ranger office, and they were out within 15 minutes, but alas, the problem came back 2 days later. They replaced the receptacle again, as I new that out 50 to 30 amp adapter was new and was just not tight enough on the ground terminal. Everything was fine for 30 minutes and the problem came back. Folks I know our system, so don't worry about what I did. I disabled our power protector. I was able to then see that it was our adapter. So, by removing the strain from adapter to receptacle, Susan and I were able to get it working. 

Anyway Della was happy, as the ground cover was great for digging. She was moving so fast the camera was unable to catch her.





Della always knows what to say.

"That's my story and I'm sicking to it"
“SeeYa, Safe and Happy Journeys”


"DaGirls Rv, Me, Della, Susan & Tilly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marfa Texas

Marfa is a city in the high desert of the Trans-Pecos in far West Texas, United States, between the Davis Mountains and Big Bend National Pa...