Monday, March 2, 2015

March 2nd - Rainy Day in Cottonwood

March 2 - Monday

Awoke to the sounds of rain drops on the roof. Both Della and I did not sleep really well. We discussed this and think it all has to do with no Susan in the house. Tilly on the other hand seems to sleep well.

With the rain and all I decided to head into town to see what was happening – not much because of the RAIN. Seems everything comes to a stand still when it rains. Everybody wants to stop and watch, including the stupid motorist. Especially the ones who says “ I can cross that small flood across the road”. It’s a good thing Arizona has a stupid Motorist Law, just for people like that.

So this left me with going for long walks, taking DaGirls for walks and cleaning up photos on my computer.

To the members of the Alfa Roadrunners, who read this blog, I have a secret to share. Susan has been busy making a special present for those of you who will be attending the Pre-Rally in Palm Creek. I was lucky to catch a shot of her project. The photo is not to clear, but maybe you can make out what she made. I definitely cannot.

image
Of course I hope Susan doesn't see this before I can post my blog otherwise she will block out the photo.

Now on the other hand, some of the photos I have forgotten to post are pretty good even if I do say so myself. I will get to posting them later tonight as even with 4G, with so many people with their smart phones the network slows down a lot. Wish people would learn to just turn off the data on their phones at night.

The first 3 are of a Hawk who had just eaten dinner and was drying off. I spotted this bird while I was camp hosting at Center Lake in Custer SD.  As they say right place - right time - AND always carry a camera.







Now the next series are from my favorite hiking trail - Siphon Draw in the Superstition Mountains. This hike is from the west side and can be entered from Lost Dutchman State Park or from the Mining Camp Restaurant. 
I went on this hike with a friend on a Wed. It brought back joys of when we lived at the base of this mountain. 

History: This hike is somewhat unique in that in less than 2 miles it traverses a State Park (Lost Dutchman), a National Forest (Tonto), and a Wilderness Area (Superstition) while urban views of the Greater Phoenix Area are always at hand. This stands as incredible foresight by advocates and legislators to set aside these lands for public use and to act as a buffer from unchecked urban sprawl.


Steve, you would LOVE this hike. Of course you might like the hike to Flat Iron even better.







My final photos are of the Verde River running behind the Verde Valley Rv Park








My plan while I am here is to scout out Boon Docking sites. I have been making a list and putting them in a Google Map & Earth. 

The best I can do here in the blog is to post a picture:



So where does this leave me at this time. Sitting and sipping a glass of red wine.


Safe Travels & Journeys
from DaGirls   Della                     &                Tilly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...