Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Chicago or is it Elgin ?

 We are currently parked at Paul Wolf Campground in Elgin, Il.


We scored a very nice site with some shade trees along with 50Amp & water. Plus a view for our Satellite.

When we first arrived we arranged to stay at the Kane County Fairgrounds, where they have 50 amps & water at site along with a common dump. We would have stayed longer, but there were events planned, about 10 days later. 

It's about a 20 min drive to the MacDonald's house about 11 miles. I have tried various ways and it still around 20 mins or a little longer. 
I was asked about doing or wanting Honey dues. This year was a No. But I did do 2 small things, about 10 minutes.
I was asked to help re-install a playset, which was used and taken down in sections.  Done after 1 day (8hrs) of working on it. 

On Monday 27th we headed to Michigan - Benton Harbor - to see Karen and Ray Palmer, as they will be spending time on the east coast and will not be back in the Yuma area for 1-2 years. 
Traffic - well every mayor Road in and around Illinois is under mayor construction. What can I say. 

However on our way back thru Indiana, we picked up 5, 12 packs of Yuengling. Sorry everyone, I did not pick up any spares to carry back.

Nothing special about doing the tourist thing. Maybe someday something can be plan with the whole family going downtown spending the night and seeing some unique places. 

Some people don't know this, but my Grandparents (mother side), mother and sister were born in Chicago. My Great grandparents immigrated from Prussia around 1890's. My grandmother married an Irish man name of Frank Fallon. What happen to him I may never know. 

One of the things Susan and I will always do and will continue to do so, until we no longer return to Chicago will be this:


Rest in Peace Grandmother and Aunt

By the way, this year, while we were down southern Illinois, Susan and I spent time seeing her grandparents and parents gravesite. 






Ok, time to get off of this subject. Alright anything else, maybe but nothing worth reporting. Susan and I were discussing, well I was talking and she was listening. I stated, unless we came earlier or later, this might be my last trip this way. In part, due to the humidity. 

We'll see, but maybe in my time family vacations were different. I remember 1 vacation, were I was staying with a cousin in Little Rock, mom, dad said he's all yours's for the night.  Well that night we went raccoon hunting in the woods. 

What a night we had, listening and running down the Coon hounds when they were able to tree a raccoon. We were out for over 6 hours. If I remember right, I was around 10. 


There was one family vacation that took place over in Buchanan, MI. Susan and I were staying at a Thousand Trails CG., which also had cabins. We rented 1 for 7 days, and informed the Helzing's and MacDonald's, what we had done and let them setup the days they each wanted. What a great time. 

The last simi family vacation was in 2019 Custer City. 2 adults and 5 childrens arrive after a straight thru drive from Chicago.

Ok, so that about wraps it up. Except for some photos: By the way, Susan and I found a Fisher Nut Outlet store at there factory down the street. 10% extra off on Tuesdays












DaGirls Rv AKA Gus

Susan, Tilly, Dakota and Me

Safe travels and journeys



No comments:

Post a Comment

Carlsbad, NM

 I will catch everyone up on the who, what and where. Currently we are at the Elks Lodge #1558, in Carlsbad, NM. We left Lake Colorado City ...