Thursday, June 2, 2022

Whether or Is It Weather ?

 Weather, now that is a strange word. Whether is it about the weather or whether we are discussing something other then weather. 

That is something we, who live in Az., have to learn to live with when we leave the state. 

Susan, Tilly, Dakota and I rolled into the city of Lawton, Ok., around 1430, 2:30 pm, for you non-23hour types on Monday May 30th.

Before we get into details a few words from HF. Who is HF ? Well I am sure Hank would not mind if I use his name. 

Anyway, the last post I asked  a question, whether or not you, the people who I send an email out to, would like to keep receiving the blog post or stop receiving it. Well many of you decided to keep reading on. Whether it was because of the adventures, tales, photos or just because of the poor english or miss-spell words. One person asked to be removed, reason sold their Alfa. Yet many others I have not heard from. Which could be spam controls, they don't read emails and their accounts are over-flowing or ? Well I don't know. But be that as it may, I will keep it up, even if it is to give you a laugh. 

Anyway back to Hank's comment:

"Lawton, OK? Not much there other than Ft. Sill, home of the Field Artillery. During my time in the Army I spent a great deal of time there for training. We were last in Lawton in May, 2019 for a Officers Candidate School reunion. We found Lawton to be pretty dismal.

Wind always blows!"

Well I could not stand the challenge from Hank, to prove that there is more to Lawton, then Wind.

Remember, we rolled in from Amarillo, Texas ? It was already windy. The wind was coming in from the southwest. It gave us a mileage of 8.1 mpg, not bad. 

Susan had found this place Lawton City East Campground located on the east side of Lake Lawtonka. 

We are on the East side of the lake, and came in from the south as you see on the map. Sites are Very large, you can drive on Real Grass to get to your first come site. Each site has 50 Amps of service. There are common waters faucets located around the area, and a small shelter for many of the sites. I think for our site #1, we are paying $24. We are located where the arrow is pointing:

Press Here for Google map Link 


Our first night was nice, as we sat outside and enjoyed a gentle breeze.




A few photos of the area on my walk-a-bout:












 
What's that you are asking ? Get back to the point,  your first paragraph ? Whether or is it Weather ?

Well. the word for the day is Weather.

Tuesday night was not an easy sleep. We were constantly awoke to the many Tornado warnings on our Cell Phones, and Tv weather channels. I did not have time to capture the many waring or did I go over side to enjoy being hit with the 50 to 70 mps winds and rain. Once we heard of the weather change, we lowered the satellite antenna, brought in the slide and hope, I remembered to put everything away outside. 

Now some people would ask did you take shelter ? - My answered is where. The best we could do would be to leave in the truck, but where. So we hunkered down, watch the weather radar and listen to our radio or the website. Oh, by the way there are No Sirens anywhere in the area, So, not to worry. 

I did capture a morning Photo :


Now you are saying to yourself, Dale why this photo ? Well we were missing our sunshade from our Windshield along with our Reflectix Foil Insulation. That was all the damage outside. 
We were very luck that along our morning walk Susan found the Sunscreen and 1 section of the foil. 


Anyway that's it for this one. Stay tune for more on Lawton and the challenged Hank threw down to me.  

Susan, Tilly, Dakota and me

Safe Travels and Journeys 

DaGirls Rv and Gus.


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. I am glad the damage to your rig was not worse. I spent a year in Enid, OK at Vance AFB learning how to fly the USAF way. The weather got pretty wild for sure. I appreciate receiving the blog. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep me on the mailing list please. I enjoy your perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that must have been some wind! I assume that crack in the windshield was caused elsewhere? Stay safe on your travels through "tornado alley"! We are parked in Summersville VA this evening on our way north.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your advenntures. Since you travel the "off roads" what do you use to check on potental low bridges or RR tressels

    ReplyDelete

Carlsbad, NM

 I will catch everyone up on the who, what and where. Currently we are at the Elks Lodge #1558, in Carlsbad, NM. We left Lake Colorado City ...