Monday, May 30, 2016

Beaufort, Charleston and Paris Island

So, this is where we landed, just in time for 2 not 1, but 2 tropical depression to land and play havoc with, weather and parts of the coastal area, including I-95 north and south.





It also played Havoc with Della "I want in".

We were able to go into Charleston on Saturday, prior to the rain really coming down. We spent about 2 hours walking around, and visiting the market. Amazing city and surrounding area. We even saw Fort Sumter across the bay. The photos were not the best as my camera battery went out:















By time we arrived home it was and had been raining for some time, so the grounds were wet. Let me tell you, rain may me a great comfort, but not when you live in an RV and have to listen to it all night long. Plus, when it rains as much as it did. You are limited to what and where you go and do.

This morning we choose to head over to Beaufort SC., to drive around and see some of the area before the next rainfall started.








We did manage to head over to Paris Island, and visit the USMC museum, During the 70's I lived in Havelock, NC. USMC Cherry Point is located here. I had many friends, who were Marines. We honor them by visiting the USMC museum located there. 









Della always knows what to say.

"That's my story and I'm sicking to it"
“SeeYa, Safe and Happy Journeys”

"DaGirls Rv, Me, Della, Susan & Tilly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...