Saturday, July 8, 2023

Seward or ?

 Ok, I can put a link to Wikipedia, or if you are really interested in Seward, you will research it yourself. 

So, what is it, that I will be talking about. Hum, in my opinion, Seward is a place where Alaskans  come to fish, store there boats and fish, bring their boats and fish or just come to fish. 

What? Well as we have walked around town, looked at the camp sites, I notice the Alaskan license plate is the biggest most one. I suspect, most people come down from Anchorage to do exactly what I wrote.

It definitely, not a real place for tourist. Yes there are places to go, example the Exit Glacier, which is a national park. By the way, it is a too busy of a notional park hike for me. 




On hiking trails, which I have done many of, when you get too many people, then it is no longer an enjoyable hike.  

So, we left and headed back into town with a small diversion. Our diversion took us where we, sorry Susan spied a Cow moose and her calf. Next thing, Susan says, Dale get your camera (I'm driving), yet she has her cell phone/camera in her hand. O'h well we missed the photo op but we saw a wonderful sight.

Anyway, we have spotted 2 places where we can see eagles, either flying of sitting still. 

Another is the dry-camping spots. The campgrounds are mainly City Owned. $50 electric & water, $40 dry camping. If you want electric & water - City reservation is the only good way to do it. 

But wait, Susan and I have found some pull-outs which will work. The problem is too far away. Well not too far, but 3 to 5 miles, and the spots receive alot of breeze. Meaning WIND. 







Any other questions? Leave a comment

Safe Travels and Journeys

DaGirls Rv, Aka Gus

Susan, Dakota, Tilly and me





No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather Changes

HINT: By clicking on the Photos they will enlarge to full size. What a week it has been. We have traveled just to stay out of bad weather. ...