Thursday, July 16, 2020

Thursday July 16

It has been 1 week, since we arrived in Court Sheriff CG.
On Friday, the 17th, it will be 1 week that we have been on Duty. 

Tues. and Wed. are our days off, which we took advantage of. Tues, was spent in Helena, driving around and checking out the local areas. One such place was Bert & Ernies. In 2014, we had a 3 week adventure with Kathy, Wayne, and Tungor Taubman, unfortunately Wayne & Tungor have passed away to that Big Rv in the Sky. He and Kathy were true wanders in the Rv world. He always stated: I want to do it all.


Anyway, we plan on going back and have one for Kathy, Wayne & Tungor. 

This photo was at Helena City Park. 

The last time there were 4 of us in the photo with the City in the Background.
So, that was Tues. 

On Wed., we picked a spot north of us, near a place called Wolf Creek. Let me say, some people, will say this is a blip on the map. Wolf Creek, does NOT even deserve a blip on the map. So, photos, we blink and it was gone. However, our drive took us to 2 places. 



Add caption



Our next spot for lunch and viewing was Holder lake. Roughly 7 miles down a paved then to dirt road.

See that little Dot. That is where we were. 

Departure Point Campground and Day Use.

We had packed a picnic basket and of course Dakota & Tilly, so while we were enjoying a walk on the shore. Dakota decided to try her paw at swimming again. Luckily I had a very long cord, which I attached to her, since I did not have her swimming vest. 






As you can see, she is doing very well at swimming out and back.

Anyway, Thursday came and we are back at work. Today, was a normal day, most campsites were filled, and took me about a hour of cleaning and walking around. This time I may it a little different. I brought along a pickup stick and picked up trashed that had been blown around and the dreaded cigarettes butts. So, I really walk the campground 3 times, just to keep busy. 

However, the first thing we do is walk Dakota and Tilly, while I check out the Vault Toilets. Specifically the toilet paper and how cleaning maybe needed. I spend about 15 minutes at the Vault Toilets. I just take my time. I'm retired and in no hurry.

Susan on the other hand, she is busy, seeing the check ins and checkouts. While making the plackers for future arrivals at the sites.

Now, let me say, Camp Host Volunteering, is not for everyone. As you read above, the hours and amount of time spent is terrible. 2 hours in the morning and maybe an hour in the evening. Terrible, new people to meet, new journeys and adventures in the surrounding areas. 

This is not for everybody. 

Even Dakota is not enjoying her time here.

View of our Campground from across.


Remember if you single or double click on the Photos they will be enlarged.

Safe Travels and Journeys
DaGirls Rv
Susan, Tilly, Dakota and me
Remember the 3 "W's".  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather Changes

HINT: By clicking on the Photos they will enlarge to full size. What a week it has been. We have traveled just to stay out of bad weather. ...