Friday, May 24, 2019

Louisiana to Arkansas

So, let’s get everyone caught up as to who we’ve seen, where we were and where we are today (May 24).

First everyone remembers, we went to Alexandria, Alex for short, that’s what we Louisianans' call it, so live with or get over it, either way.
Why, well not because it’s their but to see my Aunt Joy, my dad’s sister. Enough of this as you should have already read all about it.

Ok, so on a Sat. May 18th to be exact we hit the road at 6:55 am, yep, we were on the road before 7am and heading for Louisiana  Hwy 167, but it is really not Louisianan Hwy, but a U.S. Hwy 167.

U.S. Route 167 runs for 500 miles from Ash Flat, Arkansas at U.S. Route 62/US Route 412 to Abbeville, Louisiana at Louisiana Highway 14. It goes through the cities of Little Rock, Arkansas, Alexandria, Louisiana, and Lafayette, Louisiana. Wikipedia-Clicky

Our first stop – well after 70 miles it was time for a coffee break, off in the distance was a town called Winnfield. Good place to stop except no coffee shops were either open or around. We pulled into a Walmart and we said to ourselves, wait, we live in our home. We can make our own coffee. Which is what we did. In about 30 minutes, Dakota & Tilly walked, coffee made and in our cups we were off aging heading north.




Where you might ask?
Ruston, Choudrant, Louisiana to be exact. To see Dick and Trish Albritton.

Not to have work done, but to see friends. While we were there, we talked to Ronnie, met Jody his wife and even caught with with Mark and Cathy Finnesgard. Whom we have not see, or me remembering, in 2 years.
Now you know me, I just cannot always sit still. So neither Ronnie or Dick needed help, so that left me with time on my hands.

But 1 thing Dick had was a old Generac Generator, with a good generator inside. I should have known better, Dick was giving some instructions, lightly, me listening, not much, and the next thing, I am out there removing the generator from the assembly. Only 2 small items did he forget to say. While applying pressure to the pulley, and then hitting it with a hammer, WATCH OUT, as the pully will come flying off one way, and you the other way. That was fun to watch. And much laughter could be heard. The next thing? Well someone forgot to tell me the flippin generator weight over 60 lbs, I almost fell over picking it up.

Well I got it out and apart enough to get dimensional measurements on it. So I can now start looking for a replacement for the Alfa community.




Well we all had a good laugh on this one. Among the many trips to town I saw first hand the damage done to Ruston by a Tornado about 1 month ago, where 2 people loss their lives.



Ok, so where were we heading to after Dick’s?
After some discussion, we learned of Glupha Springs CG in a National Park, next to Hot Springs, Ar. So, on Wed., 22nd of May, we headed out. And this is where we are as I write this. Not to worry, I will catch everyone up on what we are doing or think we know, what we are doing.


Safe Travels and Journeys 
DaGirls Rv
Susan, Tilly, Dakota and me.


1 comment:

  1. We went to Ronnie's...to get work done. Well Linda did. I was in Dallas taking a walk. We also ended up in Glupha Gorge, but got there late so we were not on the creek...and our spot was not a level as the ones on the creek. I did get to try out the trails...did a nice loop that I would not recommend for everyone being that it was 13 miles. Did not see deer...just frogs and turtles...but I got beer and ice cream in town.

    ReplyDelete

Big Thank you

 Ok, many of you are still reading, looking or laughing at the antics of DaGirls. Well guess we'll continue doing something. I mean some...