Thursday, April 18, 2019

Fixation or Cemeteries

 I always seem to have this fixation on cemeteries. Whenever we drive by one, if we can I have to go back later and walk thru them. I have been doing this the late 70's. My first one was up in New York State.

Since that time, I enjoy walking thru and reading the different inscriptions on the headstones. I enjoy, looking at the names, dates and what was written about them. We arrived in the town of Victoria, Tx., where off in the distance we saw a cemetery, so once setup, Dakota and I were off.


 









The following 2 headstones are significant, notice the Start next to each one. When you zoom in, the dates are 1861 to 1865. Both men in the Confederate Army.





The final headstone pretty much says it all:


This sums up what I think about Cemeteries:

The final words; Gone but Not Forgotten. 
Well, everyone does forget, and you will be forgotten, but mainly - people will forget about the headstone, forget who was buried, and will not even attempt to find out who they were. 

So, Susan and I will give our bodies to science, that is if they take them. If they return them,, it will only be ashes. 


Safe Travels and Journeys
DaGirls Rv
Susan, Tilly, Dakota and me.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Weather Changes

HINT: By clicking on the Photos they will enlarge to full size. What a week it has been. We have traveled just to stay out of bad weather. ...