Friday, May 8, 2020

Saturday -or Friday May 8th or 9th - I think

Well I think it is Sat., that's what my calendar says, and so does my laptop.
This would be 4 nites, 5 days without running our generator. Seriously, no generator, just my Lithium and Solar system.

Morning, my State of Charge is around 70%, after I turn on the electric coffee pot, and it is in the warm state, the SOC about 68%. Not bad, by 1100 hours back at 100%, and then the Solar runs everything during the day, with no issue.

The only major work has been windshield wiper blades, replaced a flush mount circuit breaker on my solar, as it was getting warm, even though it was within spec's. But, hey, every now and then it is time to try something else.

On Friday May 7th, the Arizona National Guard  (CopperHeads) did a fly over for Hospitals, here and in New Mexico. We caught photos, but no video.

It has been hitting in the very low 40's around 0500, in the morning. We have been leaving the vents open, and let's say it have been a little chilly, here in the Rv. However by 0700, it is warming up with highs in the low 70's. Quite a difference from Yuma, where they have been in a heat advisory.

The site we have is ok, but Susan and I did some scouting on other NF roads. We found lots of some good sites, however, most of our friends would not approved. You ask yourself, why wouldn't they approve the location?.

Well you see, most of our friends Require no, let me rephrase this, they DEMAND good cell signal for data. Yes phone and text would work, but cell signal to surf the web? Nope, nada, zip, nothing. So, we will stay close to where we are, and maybe move 200 yards on Monday. We'll see.

Anyway, I though I would keep sharing a little more often, especially since we are now mobil.



So, before you go, here are a few photos Rudi took:











Susan, Tilly, Dakota & me
Safe Journeys and Travels
DaGirls Rv

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm very envious of your weather. 107 here today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you are out and about. We miss our RV, but slowly l l y on the recovery road. Give our best to all, and a pat to each of the 4-legged companions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Friday May 8th! Nice to have LFPs and solar to keep you going. I was running my fridge on just solar for the last 4 months. With a few dull days and the shorter winter daylight hours, I occasionally went below 60%, but not often. Mind you, just the fridge and my dehumidifier were running.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS - it's 24 degrees here at midnight!

    ReplyDelete

Carlsbad, NM

 I will catch everyone up on the who, what and where. Currently we are at the Elks Lodge #1558, in Carlsbad, NM. We left Lake Colorado City ...