Wednesday, October 4, 2017

2 days and counting

Sorry for the big delay, as we arrived and setup, at the Enchanted Trails and Rv Resort. Our Slide motor went ratcheting. Up Oh, we looked at each other.
Slide went out 8 inches and only came back 4. That's all she wrote. So, since Sunday we have been living in a 100 sq. ft. house. Having to crawl over the bed, to get into the shower and sink. No way to get into our draws and put away the laundry, you name it and all of a sudden you realize what you are missing.

So, I went in search of locating a new slide motor, good thing, LCW is an hour later, so after calling at 7:30 their time on Monday, ordering one and requesting over-night shipping it arrived by 11 am, Tuesday.

Once I looked the motor over, I notice that the shear bolt in the parallel gear shaft was a ¼ inch dia. So a call was placed to LCW, after a good 15 minute phone call, I was still confused as to what size the shear pin should be and where. In the gear shaft of the rail support arm.

Well as it turns out, the original factory drilled out the 1/4 inch to a 3/8 inch. Now I know why the gearbox is destroyed and not the shear pin. Instead of engineering the correct motor/gearbox to the weight of the slide and gears on the rail. The MFG, just drilled out and put in a bigger shear Pin.

So, I spent the day, drilling and working on our slide, finally getting it done by 7:30 – 8pm, and during the day, installing a Winegard Traveler (Automatic) and a WiFi antenna on his Rv roof for Tom. Needless to say, it was a busy one for me and a little stressful.

But I kept my wits about me, Susan keeping me fueled and hydrated, and we were done in time to have company over. 

Sometime in the future i will do a complete write-up on the slide. In the meantime onto AIBF and friends. 

In the meantime be watching for our AIBF photos

Link Press Here 


Dale
DaGirls Rv Travels
Aka Dakota & Tilly
Safe Travels and Journeys
http://dagirlsrv.blogspot.com/
You Tube Video - Roadrunner Song

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...