Wednesday, July 16, 2014

To my Daughters

I bet no one knew that I have 2, not 1 but 2 daughters (extended family). They came about by Susan and I getting married (Dana) and when Eric married Amy (who later divorced).

I could tell you the many stories from past to present about both of them. But the story would always end up about what a wonderful blessing they are to me and Susan.

I wonder if there is an Extended-Daughter and Step-Daughter Holiday? If there isn't, there should be, as they always remember birthdays, grandpa, father and other special days, but more importantly they are always there. 

Dana married her sweetheart from high school days, Mike MacDonald. They have been married for 10 years with a son, Gavin. Mike is, well he is like alot of our Alfa Owners. Does not know a lot about the RV, but willing to jump in with both feet to try to learn something new. Which with the right person (me) has picked up a lot of knowledge on remodeling, among other things.

Now Amy, after the divorce, found this red headed guy Chad Highland, never been married, but who leapt feet first (actually whole body)  into marrying her along with my 2 grand-children who live with her. Remember you just can't marry the lady without marrying into the whole family. That's the only way it works.

Oops, I bet, you thought, I had forgotten, I really have 3 daughters, and you thought I had a brain fart (LOL).  That’s only because I save the best cook for last, Diane, which just so happened to have married Eric (Susan’s son) at least 12 years ago, (I think). (Edit from Susan - 17 years this Oct) Not only is she is a wonderful person, besides being an excellent cook, she allowed Susan and me to live in their basement for over 2 mths., while DaGirls  RV was getting skinned and painted. Now that takes courage, perseverance and I don’t know what else to say or how to put it into words, but think about it, putting up with me in the basement, for over 2 months. I think many of her friends thought she may have needed to see her mental health expert for even thinking of or allowing us into her basement.

So here’s to you, Amy, Diane and Dana for being such a wonderful blessing to us as Susan, Della, Tilly and I travel this wonderful country.


Safe Travels and Journeys

from DaGirls Rv and Dale

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...