Tuesday, August 6, 2024

1 more post

 We are getting close to packing up and leaving Elgin, Saint Charles, Illinois. We have been here since July 14. Roughly 26 days. Susan has completed her assignment. Helping with wedding, house sitting and other family enjoyments. 

My assignments, Rv and puppies and stay out of the way. 

We have stayed at the Kane County Fairgrounds, cost $35 a night. 50amp, water and a common dump. easy access and close to shopping. We arrived just prior to Fair opening, stayed for a couple of nights and then went to Paul Wolfe Campgrounds.

We also are getting a few boxes, we have and reviewing the items.

I found the following, which where from my parents, and am now looking for a home.






Back to Paul Wolfe CG. 

We like Paul Wolfe, for it sites and 13 miles from Dana's & Tom South House. The sites are large and easy setup for most of them. There are a few, which for a 40Ft Alfa would be a challenge, except for us. I will explain a little later. The only downsize is no dump on site. Which includes the campground hosts. Currently there are only 3 Rvs onsite for Camp Host. Doug who is great and another is thinks he is Law Enforcement. I just blow him off. 

Press Here for additional Info on Paul Wolfe 

As for the Fairgrounds it is all about the search. 






We still have a few minor issues with the Rv, minor, but will wait till we get home. Currently we are weighting the options for the route home. Found a few containers which fit perfectly.



I also replace our water pump. Cannot believe we purchase this one in 2019. I repair it once, put this time I install this one. 


I also purchased this one 

4048-153-E75 RV Water Pump,12V 4 GPM, 55 PSI

When you really look at all three, they are all the same. When I removed the one from the Rv, I made a test fixture, this allowed me to adjust the setting after I cleaned it up. 

I also had to replace the drawer slide in our large kitchen drawer. I realize the local stores do not carry slides 28" long. 

In addition to the pumps, I also purchased a 0-60psi gage, which I plan on installing downflow of the pump. 



We also went back to the County Fairgrounds. Friday, Saturdays and Sunday (Aug 2, 3 & 4). 

Toy Fair 

Press Here for the Next Event 

A few photos to wet your appetite:







 



So, if you need to plan something, you may want to put this on your schedule.

One thing I am tired of discussing. Slide Motor Mounting Bolts. The photos below came from a member, who had a failure. 




The Gearbox failed due to the casting studs. They failed due to the bolts were too short. So, another $700 failure caused by less then $5 worth of hardware. 

I am also glad to report she is doing good.

History

Dakota developed Idiopathic peripheral vestibular disease (IPVD) is a sudden, nonprogressive neurological disorder that affects the peripheral vestibular system of dogs. On July 23rd we came here due to the staggering, head tilting and I moving back and forth along with throwing up. They gave her a pill, stop the nausea, so she is would throwing up.




After the first week, the jerkiness of the eyes has gone away, but the tilt of the head is still there. It has been a week with a continuation of loss of appetite.

July 29, we are back to see if there's anything else specifically causing the loss of appetite. It is possible it is the pill that she is taking.

They gave her a shot to increase the appetite, and a different pill for the nausea. With the new Meds, her stomach, is much calmer and here appetite has increased. Dakota is back to normal except for getting older.
Dakota thanks everyone for all the healing vibes and blessings.



Plan is to leave on the 9th and head south, to visit Susan's 2 brothers and extended family. 

May I introduce the Blended Family known as the Crazy Eight Plus 2


Safe Travels and Journeys

DaGirls Rv and Gus the Bus

Susan, Tilly, Dakota and me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fun Photos and Trip Summary

Ok, let me wrap up out 2024 June Trip. The only road trip missing is the one I took to deliver the Ford to Roadmaster. 13 States, 2 weddings...