Sunday, March 17, 2019

Mud Dauber Chili Cook-off

Wow, what Chili Day, not chili but chili. I saw this event, and said yea, let's go. I mean, this is something where the locals were going - no tourist.
Boy was I right, and what a day of fun was had by all.

Mud Dauber - Link

Where were we - Link

Hondo Crouch - Link

We left just a little after 11 am. Doors were opened and field was filled with cookers and music was playing, and people were few. We paid, got our chili sample kit, cost $5, and all proceeds went to the "Boys & Girls Club".  We also learned they had 1000 kits. WOO HOO, we scored.

Right off the back we saw the post office (Tourist Prices), but we enjoy the places and the fun:






First - Time for Photo Ops and some fun.











Time for the Cowboy & Cowgirls hats

Me Thinks I finally Found my Hat

Ok, back to the contest, judging tom be completed by 3pm with a crowd favorite. We were all given a bottle cap, which we were to deposit into a container, (We kept ours).  The event center on the differences type of chili's being cooked and served up. 

The cookers came from all over Texas, this was no big commercial cook off, where the BBQ's BIG DOLLAR has taken, but local talent who come out to cook.












Safe Travels and Journeys
DaGirls Rv
Susan, Dakota, Tilly & me

Oops almost forgot the Kissing booth:





Fun was Really had by All:

1 comment:

  1. "Eifersüchtig" is the German word for being jealous!! Beth and I love Luckenbach and those non-tourist events! Glad you had fun - but still I'm "sehr eifersüchtig" !!!!

    ReplyDelete

Big Thank you

 Ok, many of you are still reading, looking or laughing at the antics of DaGirls. Well guess we'll continue doing something. I mean some...