Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Adding Additional Fuse Block Mod

I started this mod a few ago, and as of today, 9/12, I  have finally finished it.

It started when a friend said, he had a separate 12Vdc line run to his refrigerator/freezer (Basement unit). His explanation was, since 1, 20 amp fuse was used for over 10 items, he did not want his freezer to be affected by a blown fuse.

I thought about this for a while, than did a few analyses, on the circuit. I found that, the further away from the fuse, a bigger voltage dropped was seen. This is what really sold me on running a separate 10 gauge wire as I did not want a large voltage drop to the refrigerator/freezer

About 2 years later, I was changing out our water pump, and notice that the specification sheet stated the motor could draw up to 15 amps. Well heck, back to the earlier issue. Because too many items on the same fuse. So, I splice in a wire, from the refrigerator/freezer, ran it to the water pump, install a 12Vdc cube relay to act as the on/off switch. The water pump switch wire now goes to the relay and turns it on/off. The normally open contact is attached to the 10 awg cable, the new 12Vdc new wire . The common contact goes to the water pump 12Vdc power.  
So now no power drop.

I have been running this for a year now, with no issues, but I knew, I could do more, I needed to add a fuse block for additional items if need be. Today was the day, to add a new fuse block I had found 6 months ago. And here is the finished product. I have fuses for the pump/freezer, new daytime running lights (I installed) and the Magnum BMK.

clip_image002

Safe Travels and Journeys
DaGirls Rv Aka Dakota and Tilly
Susan and Dale - Travel safe




No comments:

Post a Comment

Big Thank you

 Ok, many of you are still reading, looking or laughing at the antics of DaGirls. Well guess we'll continue doing something. I mean some...