Monday, May 2, 2016

Down Time witth Cousin’s

Where have we landed?



Back yard of Susan’s cousin. Woody and Anna. We pass this way back in 2013, when the weather was nice, not like it is now. Hot and humid. But hey, with 30 amps we can run both AC’s right?  Nope problems again, but this time it was on the power side. Turned out to be a loose connection at the 100 amp dual main. Aluminum wire to the circuit breaker. In the end, I am glad when I had to rework my 50 amp cable. I had to cut the female end off many years ago. I have kept that piece. So now I was able to use it, to rewire the small box for 50 amps instead of us connecting to 30 amps. All is well now.

But being  here brings back memories and friendships again. And allows us to perform minor repair and maintenance. Like Oil change, seems it was getting close so, nice place, 5 gallon bucket and a few minutes and DaGirls is done. So today I will do the generator. May as well do both. Will also pressure wash the engine. Finally remove the mud flap as we have not used it since we added the road guard to the jeep.

But on Sunday, YES, we were getting out the Air boat for a ride. After fixing the over-flow container, cleaning, running, adding new gas. WE LAUNCH and away we went. I knew my time would come to drive and let me tell you.




Dale, yells Woody, check the engine something is wrong. Yepper,
Yep, broken alternator belt

However I did manage to get a few photos before we HAD to return to shore.







Anyway DaGirls are happy to be back in their pack and enjoying the freedom to roam again.







Della always knows what to say.

"That's my story and I'm sicking to it"
“SeeYa, Safe and Happy Journeys”

"DaGirls Rv, Me, Della, Susan & Tilly"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...