Saturday, March 7, 2015

Mar 6_Trip to Flagstaff

Friday was a day to head to Flagstaff and pick up my new Midnite Classis 150 Solar Charge Controller. My original controller bit the dust while we were dry-camping at Phon D Sutton. It was only a matter of time, as I have been pushing it 100% over it’s limit now for 3 years. Luckily I had a smaller one, but I knew it would not do the job.
Susan (CFO), gave me the Ok for the purchase this month. I choose this one because of the specs, 5 year warranty, and excellent reviews.

image

Here's a shot just before the front cover and display were re-installed. A little clean up of the wiring is all that is left.

Oh almost forgot, on the way out, I saw a balloon landing in the distance;

image

I pulled off the highway and captured this shot. I then headed off to find a road out to where it landed.

image

image

Now back to my road trip. I was able to take a few shots on the way up. Last weekend we had a good rain fall here, but snow up in the high country.

8_I 17_Snow

10_Munds Park

9_Snow Peaks

The high country has had very little snow this season, so water flow will be down again this year.


I caught this photo from the campground.

Safe Travels & Journeys
        
from DaGirls         "Della                     &                Tilly"








No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...