Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 5 & 6 Wrap up

Day 5 evening: 

Got ready for Steve as we have been hiking together, today's hike will be around 5.5 miles.



Today was also hair cut / stylish day, Irene offer to cut my hair. After the last hair cut I received from Susan's BFF, I figured she couldn't do any worst. In fact she could could only be better. And better she was - check it out.



As the grew shorter I saw some great shots to be taken, especially at night, as the sky was turning a beautiful red.


Of course what comes after a great red sky?



Many stories were told around the fire this night

Day 6th:

Awoke up to another 40 degree day, and the rig was 57 degrees.Someone forgot to turn on the heater. Well easy fix, plus I turned on the Big Mr Buddy Heater on High and within 30 minutes it was in the mid 60's.

Today's hike was over 3 miles 1 way, that is a total of 12 miles in 2 days, Felt pretty good to, It has been at least 2 months since I went on a good hike. Felt real good about myself when I got back to the rig this morning, my stomach was also telling me next time you go hiking have breakfast - please.

 Morning Hikers
Scouting the Land
Snow Cactus

Remember Jerry Logan? He owned a 5th wheel, well he has now gone over to the dark side, he & John pulled in this afternoon with 2003 or 2004 SeeYa.

We also saw the arrival of Sven & Sharon, Dan & Barb and our friends Beth & David. Many changes in store for this week.


Safe Travels & Journeys
from DaGirls         "Della                     &                Tilly" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time for History

On Tuesday, we headed north to Fort Davis. Reading Material: Fort Davis: Frontier Post A key post in the defense system of western Texas, Fo...