Thursday, October 9, 2014

Road Trip to Chi Town

Did you get up early to see the Harvest (Blood Moon) Eclipse? I did and I also was able to get a few shots with my camera. Not too bad if I have slowed down the exposure may have been better.
 



Yesterday was a great day for a road trip. I asked Susan if she wanted to go with me to see my grandmother and aunt’s resting place. You see my mother was born and raised in Chicago, off of Cicero Ave. My grandmother was 1 of 3 sisters born in the early 1900’s. My Aunt Pearl never married and they lived together until Aunt Pearl passed away in the 70’s.
Anyway, it has been about 12 years since I last visited St Adalbert Cemetery on North Milwaukee Avenue, in Niles.
Once we arrived, we stopped and were given directions to the head stones, only to find they were wrong. When I came 12 years ago, an elderly lady (only one there) knew both spellings of my relatives names and location of just about everything. Now there are 4 persons, computers and what not and they still can give out the wrong information.

After 15 to 25 minutes of searching Susan & I were finally able to locate the head stones, only to find this:
You can see why it took so long to locate them. But after a while we were able to get them cleaned up.

Susan did a really good job.
We ended up with them looking pretty good:
Once we were done, we went back to the office to discuss what we found and informed them of the incorrect information we had been provided. We also learned that we could request a cleanup and the lifting of the grave-markers back to ground level. Susan will come back either next week or in March of 2015 to verify this.

Now for those of you who follow
We went to Paradise Pup for lunch.
The episode that showed this only happened 3 to 4 years ago!
But hey, it came recommended and it was fun. Be warned though they only take cash and have a small eating area. But the food and fries were worth it the visit.
Oh,  guess what, we have company, Sid and Barb are traveling to the east coast and stopped by to say Hi. They were up north getting a sewing cabinet made and installed. You see Barb is a sewing fool, she sews everything you can think of and does wonderful work. So, after a very longgggggggggggggg drive of 125 miles they arrived here at Big Rock County Forest Preserve and we are having a mini-rally of Alfa’s. They have been full-timing since 2002 – 2003.   And currently have over 130K miles on their rig.

Safe Travels and Journeys from DaGirls Rv

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wrap-Up

 Our Alfa Owners Chapter Rally, wrapped up last night (Apr 15), with the farewell dinner and gifts.  We participated in various classes, din...